Friday, September 21, 2012

settled in on the west coast

I have been here a little short of two weeks and thus far I love life in Pasadena! The weather is beautiful, the people are genuine and so nice, and I am appreciating the slower, relaxed pace of life. Classes start this upcoming Tuesday so I am hoping to post some thoughts on the transition before things get crazy!

In the mean time, I am way excited about how my space here is turning out and wanted to share some pictures! I am thankful to have a room to retreat to, find rest and peace in, and if we're lucky get some studying done in as well! I wish I could have you all over to see my house in person...unfortunately the plane ticket/expenses seem a bit excessive. (But hey, come on over!) For now...these will have to do. Enjoy!
Reading chair! Foreseeing lots...and lots
of reading in the coming years.


I wanted to create an inviting, bright, and peaceful
environment. I'm happy with how it turned out!

My pallet bed! Found three beautiful
pallets to use as a bed-one of my favorite pieces. 





MY YELLOW COUCH!
(look...a place for friends to sleep, come visit)




















So much natural lighting! 
Ready (or not so ready) for this
bookshelf to start to fill up very soon.























A few details that make me happy:



1 comment: